I am an Associate Professor of Comparative Social Policy at the Department of Social Policy and Intervention (DSPI) and fellow of St Antony’s college at the University of Oxford. DSPI is the top-ranked Social Policy department in the UK, and second globally. I am also a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a visiting senior fellow at the European Institute, LSE.
My research interests are in comparative social policy and political economy. My research has been published in Comparative Political Studies, the Socio-Economic Review, Political Science Research and Methods, the Journal of Common Market Studies, the Journal of European Social Policy, Politics&Society, the European Journal of Industrial Relations, Comparative European Politics, French Politics, the Review of European Economic Policy and European Political Science. With Professor Mark Thatcher, we are also currently finishing a book on Sovereign Wealth Funds under contract with Oxford University Press.
You can access my publications on ResearchGate.
Awards and honours
- 2019: John Fell Research Fund award
- 2018: Best Research Output, University of Reading
- 2017: Building Outstanding Impact Support Programme (BOISP) award
- 2016: 2020 Research Fellowship (University of Reading)
- 2016: American Political Science Association Best Paper Award in European Politics
- 2015: Best Research Output Competition, runner-up prize awarded by the Research Endowment Trust Fund of the University of Reading
- 2014: Celebrating Success Award for fostering cross-school collaboration, School of Politics, Economics and International Relations, University of Reading
- 2013: Doctoral Researcher Prize awarded by the Network for European Social Policy Analysis
- 2013: Young talent’s panel organised by the 10th European Conference of the International Labour and Employment Relations Association (ILERA)
- 2012: Class Teaching Prize, Government Department, LSE
- 2009 – 2012: Full PhD Scholarship in recognition of outstanding academic merit and research potential, LSE