I am an Associate Professor of Comparative Social Policy and Departmental Course Director at the Department of Social Policy and Intervention (DSPI) and fellow of St Antony’s college at the University of Oxford. In 2019, DSPI was the top-ranked Social Policy department in the UK, and second globally.
I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and an associate member of Nuffield College at the University of Oxford. I am also currently part of the international advisory board of the Springer Series in Electoral Politics and on the APSA Award Committee for the Best Article in European Politics and Society published in 2019.
My research interests are in comparative social policy and political economy. My research has been published in Comparative Political Studies, the Socio-Economic Review, Political Science Research and Methods, the Journal of Common Market Studies, the Journal of European Social Policy, Politics&Society, the European Journal of Industrial Relations, Comparative European Politics, European Political Science Review, French Politics, Basic Income Studies, Nations&Nationalism, the Review of European Economic Policy, Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, and European Political Science. With Professor Mark Thatcher, we are also currently finishing a book on Sovereign Wealth Funds under contract with Oxford University Press.
You can access my publications on ResearchGate.
Awards and honours
- 2020: Co-I on project “Oxford Covid19 Policy Trackers: Improving social policy monitoring”, Economic, Social, Cultural, & Environmental Impacts of Covid-19 – Urgent Response Fund, University of Oxford
- 2019: John Fell Research Fund award
- 2018: Best Research Output, University of Reading
- 2017: Building Outstanding Impact Support Programme (BOISP) award
- 2016: 2020 Research Fellowship (University of Reading)
- 2016: American Political Science Association Best Paper Award in European Politics
- 2015: Best Research Output Competition, runner-up prize awarded by the Research Endowment Trust Fund of the University of Reading
- 2014: Celebrating Success Award for fostering cross-school collaboration, School of Politics, Economics and International Relations, University of Reading
- 2013: Doctoral Researcher Prize awarded by the Network for European Social Policy Analysis
- 2013: Young talent’s panel organised by the 10th European Conference of the International Labour and Employment Relations Association (ILERA)
- 2012: Class Teaching Prize, Government Department, LSE
- 2009 – 2012: Full PhD Scholarship in recognition of outstanding academic merit and research potential, LSE