From September 2018 I will be joining the Department of Social Policy and Intervention (DSPI) at the University of Oxford as an Associate Professor of Comparative Social Policy. DSPI is the top-ranked Social Policy department in the UK, and second globally.
I am currently an Associate Professor in Political Economy at the University of Reading and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. The politics department was ranked 10th in the UK by the quality of its research outputs in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework. My research interests are in comparative political economy and I teach courses in political economy, inequality, quantative methods and on the welfare state.
You can access my publications on ResearchGate.
Awards and honours
- 2018: Best Research Output, University of Reading
- 2017: Building Outstanding Impact Support Programme (BOISP) award
- 2016: 2020 Research Fellowship (University of Reading)
- 2016: American Political Science Association Best Paper Award in European Politics
- 2015: Best Research Output Competition, runner-up prize awarded by the Research Endowment Trust Fund of the University of Reading
- 2014: Celebrating Success Award for fostering cross-school collaboration, School of Politics, Economics and International Relations, University of Reading
- 2013: Doctoral Researcher Prize awarded by the Network for European Social Policy Analysis
- 2013: Young talent’s panel organised by the 10th European Conference of the International Labour and Employment Relations Association (ILERA)
- 2012: Class Teaching Prize, Government Department, LSE
- 2009 – 2012: Full PhD Scholarship in recognition of outstanding academic merit and research potential, LSE